Electronic Federal Tax Payment System
EFTPS is a service offered free by the U.S. Department of the Treasury to help business and individual taxpayers conveniently pay all their federal taxes electronically.
Paying taxes with EFTPS benefits taxpayers in many ways:
- EFTPS is available 24 hours a day, year-round, from anywhere there is a phone or internet connection.
- Employers who use coupons are 31 times more likely than EFTPS users to make an error that results in interest or penalties, according to IRS research.
- Any federal tax can be paid using EFTPS.
- U.S.-based live-operator customer support is available via toll-free phone numbers 24 hours a day, year round.
- Business payments can be scheduled for up to 120 days in advance.
- Businesses receive a printable confirmation number after each payment scheduled.
- EFTPS is safe and secure. Online payments require three unique pieces of information for authentication.
- EFTPS has a track record of success. Since its launch in 1996, EFTPS has processed nearly 1 billion payments totaling more than $21 trillion.
For more information, please visit www.eftps.com