Make the smart choice and get the high-yield checking account that puts your money to work earning 1.01% APY* with no minimum balance requirements or service charge per monthly statement cycle.
Free checking with an incredible interest rate…what a bright idea!
- 1.01% APY* on balances up to $20,000
- 0.24% APY* on amount of balance over $20,000
- 0.05% APY* if qualifications aren't met
- No minimum balance
- No service charge per monthly statement cycle
- ATM fee refunds nationwide, excluding international transactions. (up to $20 per statement cycle)
- Unlimited check writing
- Free VISA® debit card**
- No annual fee VISA® credit card***
- Free online banking
- Free online bill pay
- Free eStatements
- Monthly statements
- Direct deposit available
- Money line available***
- FDIC Insurance
- $100 deposit to open
- EZ Save
Team up your SMART Rewards Checking Account with our free SMART Rewards Savings Account to improve your earnings even more!
*APY = Annual Percentage Yield. See "More Information" tab above for details.
**Some restrictions apply
***On approved credit
In order to qualify for the SMART rate and nationwide ATM fee refunds, simply do the following everyday activities:
- Have 12 VISA® Debit Card Point of Sale transactions (excluding ATM transactions) post and clear per qualification cycle
- Have at least one direct deposit, ACH debit or Bill Pay transaction post and clear per qualification cycle.
- Enroll and receive E-Statements
If you don't qualify in a given cycle, don't worry—you'll still get unlimited free checking and our base rate of interest. And you can get the rewards back the very next statement cycle!
- More Information
Annual Percentage Yield (APY) accurate as of 11/01/2012. Minimum to open account is $100. Rate tiers are as follows: 1.01% APY applies to balances of $0.01 - $20,000 and 0.24% APY applies to balances over $20,000 as long as qualifications are met. 0.05% APY applies to all balances if qualifications are not met. All balances will earn 1.01% APY or 0.24% APY as long as qualifications are met. Rates may change after the account is opened. Fees may reduce earnings.