D.L. Evans Investment Services is equipped and ready to help you ﬁnd the investment products and services that are right for you. Your ﬁnancial goals are our priority, and with the innovative solutions we offer, you can have conﬁdence that we will always guide you with your best interest at heart. Working with one of our local advisors means you have specialized support that delivers timely, transparent, and personalized advice to help make complex subjects simple.
Our advisors treat you like a person, not an account, and are dedicated to building a long-term relationship with you. We understand that investment products are tools to help you or your family prepare for the future, and we always keep your goals at the forefront of finding investment options for you. Our team is here to personalize, educate, and simplify the investment process for you.
Investment Services Include:
- Increased understanding of the different types of investment products available
- Create a legacy for your family
- Receive straightforward and individualized advice
- Take advantage of professionally managed accounts
- Consolidate and create a lifetime income strategy
- Protect your family with insurance solutions
- Services provided by D.L. Evans Investment Services
Securities and Insurance products are offered through Cetera Investment Services LLC (doing insurance business in CA as CFG STC Insurance Agency LLC), member FINRA/SIPC. Advisory services are offered through Cetera Investment Advisers LLC. Neither firm is affiliated with the financial institution where investment services are offered. Investment Adviser Representatives only offer advisory services. Investments are:
- Not FDIC/NCUSIF insured
- May lose value
- Not financial institution guaranteed
- Not a deposit
- Not insured by any federal government agency
Check the background of this investment professional on FINRA's BrokerCheck.
This site is published for residents of the United States only. Registered Representatives of Cetera Investment Services LLC may only conduct business with residents of the states and/or jurisdictions in which they are properly registered. Not all of the products and services referenced on this site may be available in every state and through every advisor listed. For additional information please contact the advisor(s) listed on the site, visit the Cetera Investment Services LLC site at www.ceterainvestmentservices.com
The information on this website is for U.S. residents only and does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to purchase brokerage services to persons outside of the United States.
Investment Adviser Representatives may only offer advisory services in connection with an appropriate Cetera Advisory Services Agreement and disclosure brochure as provided.
Working with an Advisor
Working with an advisor is all about you. The investment process starts with a discussion about your needs and goals to better understand what products and services will work best for you. We commonly talk about the topics below to help us learn more about you.
- Learn about your needs and answer any questions you may have.
- Understand your investment objectives, including your saving and spending needs, and desired standard of living, along with your personal situation.
- Discuss your current financial picture, including available assets, income, tax situation, legal considerations, and any unique circumstances or concerns.
- Define your investment risk tolerance, time horizon, and personal investment experience.
- Income records such as W-2 forms and tax returns (last three years)
- Most current 401(k) and other retirement plan statements
- Estimate of monthly credit cards, mortgage, rent, and expenses
- Latest investment account and bank statements
- Names, birth dates, and beneficiary contact information
- Life, disability, and long-term care policies
- Outstanding balances for car loans, mortgages, and credit card debt
Understanding Your Investment Objectives
Understanding investments starts with you. Each person has their own investment personality and goals that influence their investment objectives. When you meet with an advisor, they will work to understand what investment products and services will help you meet your goals.
Your investment objectives
- What are your most important personal and financial goals?
- How would you like to spend your time in retirement?
- If you have a business, how would you like to participate in or sunset it over time?
Where you are today
- If you currently have a financial plan, how is it invested (savings accounts, money market fund, mutual funds, individual securities, etc.)?
- If you own a business, what is the type, length of ownership, its growth potential, and its liabilities?
- What are your estimated future expenses and income (college tuition, parental care, inheritance, long-term care, etc.)?
- Are there any legal considerations I should be aware of, including business, marital, lawsuits, etc.?
Your investment style
- When you get a bonus or commission check, what do you typically do with that money?
- How important to you are tax-sensitive investing strategies?
- Do you consider yourself an aggressive or conservative investor?
- Are there certain asset classes or securities you are interested in or wish to steer clear of?
Evaluating Your Investments
Reviewing your investment goals, strategies, and portfolio performance is an important part of reaching your goals. As part of an investment review, you will work through your current plan and adjust for new dreams.
Investment plan review
- Evaluate planning goals and progress toward them. Review portfolio performance and determine if you're on track to meeting previously established goals.
- Discuss any rebalancing needs.
- Review asset allocation and selected investments.
- Evaluate allocation rebalancing needs.
- Review the state of the markets and economy since the last review. Discuss any key events or changes that may affect your plan.
- Answer your questions, address any concerns.
Investment goals, old and new
- Are there any adjustments to your goals, or do you have new goals or previous goals that may no longer be important?
- Do you have questions related to your investment plan, including asset allocation or plan management?
- Are there any questions you'd like to discuss that are related to the market, the economy, specific investments, or asset classes?
- Have you had any changes to your income, expenses, spending needs, or your ability to save or repay debt?
Personal goals, old and new
- Have you experienced family changes such as a birth, death, marriage, or health changes?
- Have you received additional income or assets such as an inheritance or bonus?
- Have you paid off any significant loans or eliminated any expenses?
- Have you purchased new financial products such as insurance or investments, or opened new accounts?
We want to provide the best service and make sure our scheduled outreach to clients includes regular planning reviews, check-ins, ongoing education opportunities, and timely market updates. You can also count on a response within 24 hours whenever you contact us with a question or concern.
Our Fee Structure
Our investment advisory practice is fee based. These fees are calculated simply as a percentage of assets under management. Our fees are not based on trading activity or commissions. Your specific fee structure will be unique and customized to you so that your investment and advisory needs are met with out charging you for services that aren’t relevant to your financial situation and goals.